Monday, March 21, 2011

Bright Eyes - Road To Joy

Well shit, this is an awesome song. I got a chance to see Bright Eyes at South by South West earlier this week. While Conor Oberst isn't the youthful boy he used be, he is still writing music - awesome music. He experiments with folk, rock, acoustic, even some country elements. When you've been playing music for 20 years, that's bound to happen. This particular song is one of my favorites of my favorite album, I'm Wide Awake It's Morning, from 2005. If you're new to Bright Eyes, give this album a listen and tell me what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Bright Eyes are incredibly awesome

    thanks for the vid/song

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff. It's an interesting sound. not my favorite, but something new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that album but actually didn't like that song much. . . Kinda cheesy snagging an old song like he did and throwing his own lyrics on. Weird Alesque.

    ReplyDelete