Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Joy Formidable - The Greatest Light Is The Greatest Shade

Alright, so I finally got a chance to see these guys yesterday at SXSW. Their live show blew me away - I had never seen more energy on stage and connection with the crowd. I couldn't help but smile the entire time, it was so amazing. Ritzy Bryan brings some magical quality to the stage that I had never seen before. She literally went crazy on stage. I got a chance to meet the band during their signing session after the show - they were really laid back and nice, willing to listen to me rant about how great they are. Plus, they're from Wales - accents!! Anyway, enough of how much I love them. This is The Greatest Light Is The Greatest Shade, off their debut album - The Big Roar.

5 comments:

  1. I fall in love in this song! great one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard this band before, but I really like this song. Might have to look at more of their stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tunes

    thanksfor sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so jealous, I wish I could see them live!!!

    ReplyDelete